Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Nov 19

Many wonderful things happened today :)  It's always a good day when you start it with Jesus :) 

1. I got an e-mail from someone from Amazing Facts, saying that I can meet with them to see what I'd like to volunteer with.  Yeay, we'll see what happens with that - can't be too happy yet. 

2. Got another e-mail from that dude about the dining set.  He wants to buy it :)  Yeay!!!  He'll pick it up at Pete's early December for his new house.  I can't believe how much this is going to help me!!! But it makes me think as well... firstly, I'm a bit overwhelmed at the amount of money God sent my way, just to provide for my move and overall... all together I could almost buy another new Toyota Yaris with it.. wow!!! God is sooo good.  And now, as I'm on a verge of running out of money He sends another couple of thousands my way...  But does that mean that I'll be without a job for another while????  I'm nobody to say how God works, but I know that He provides, one way or another, if not with a job, then with money, He said I won't go hungry... and I know sometimes I think more about photography, music, art and everything else more than about getting  a job, but I'm really really really trying... the search itself, the cover letters, the descriptions and demands, they all overwhelm me sometimes... And lately, as I pray, I got into just wondering and asking what's the purpose of it all, what's going on, what's the reason that I'm still unemployed, it's a journely alright but do I need to do something? Do I need to search my heart? Do I need to change something about myself, or be somewhere before I get a job, meet someone... all these things just run through my head, and I ask for answers, but it's not the answers God wants to give me, but more faith, and patience, and submitting to His will at His time. 

3. I went to Job One again and signed up for one on one coaching.  I was most displeased with it!  It's a church ran ministry, and they give you the option to volunteer there if you'd like.  Each Monday morning starts with 15-20 minutes devotions, one person leading it for about 30-50 people, so I said I'd like to do a devotions too, and they weren't too keen on letting me.  Hmmm... that's one thing.  Back to the coaching, I had ten thousand questions and needed some real time professional advice (because I really am pretty lost at this job search thing, I mean, I feel like I don't even know what I'm doing anymore...).  So this woman, she clearly didn't even know how to listen.  I ask a question on which orientation I put on my card and she goes off on where I can get them.  I know where I can get them, I can make them myself if I want to... or I ask which direction I should go because I have so many interests, and she goes off on about how interesting my life's journey is... I mean really!  And then she starts on religion, how I really should do devotions, and trust God... all is well, but she never even asked if I'm a Christian, I may have been a buddist or a muslim, I told her I do read my Bible and do my devotions but she wouldn't listen and started shoving me one of the mainstream protestant devotions that I really don't care about.  At the end I just gave up on getting any professional help, thanked her and took that wretched book.  Maybe next time I see her I can give her one of my devotions, and we'll be square :)   --------------> actually no. 3 is not one of the wonderful things that happened today...

4. But I got a brainwave today and I'm pretty excited about it.  The organizer for one of my photography groups stepped down and the whole group will dissolve if somebody doesn't step up as an organizer and a leader.  So I realllllllyyyyyy got a brainwave!!!! :)  But I know nothing about booking models, make up artists and contacting venues.  So I sent e-mails to few people, leaders of other photo groups, as well as that former one that stepped down.  I think nobody wants to share their secrets because nobody replied, except the one that just left.  So I started learning how to do things.  I love organizing, I've organized church events before and I really enjoy making things happen.  And I have so many ideas for shoots!!! Maaaan!!!  I was to do a b/w one, a winter wonderland, one all about health (with all the fruits, veggies and greens to model with, man, fun!), woodland warriors one, cowgirl extravaganza (already am friends with one model who has access to horses!!) and whatever else my brain comes up with... We can do day trips to Tahoe, and shoots by the ocean.. once I learn a bit of California that is.  It isn't all that fun traveling by yourself...  Anyway, I'm still thinking about it, and apparently one can make a tiny bit of money off it too.  I gotta sleep on it. 


I'm still struggling with Martin, must be doing something wrong cuz the pain now goes up my whole arm and can't do much after a whle.  My hand runs a bit smoother nonetheless.  I'm sick of pain!

No comments:

Post a Comment