Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Nov 6 :)!

Wow, God is so good!!!!! And everyday, as I start my day with a prayer and a devotion, I give my life to God all anew, and it's like 'Ok Jesus, what amazing thing is going to happen today?' It's exciting, all in God's hands, no matter where I end up. 

-------------

Had an early morning appointment at DMV today, which took nearly two hours to get it all done!  I had to have 'validation' done to my car, such weird thing, somebody just comes over and looks at your car, and ok, you're good to go.  What? And I had to wait half hour for that.  Then another half hour at the window to get my Cali registration and yessssss!!!!!! I got Cali plates!!!!!!!!!! yeay!  I'm officially driving in California now!  And then I went for my written test again.  Man, Cali crazy rulez!!! :/  But I passed!  Praise Jesus I passed!!!! I got temporary Cali licence, and the new one should be mailed to me within a month or two.  And my PA licence got punched, of course :)  Yes, this is done, I'm so happy! I just got to get a screwdriver from Dick and put up the plates :)  Beautiful white plates :)


And then... then.....  maaaaan! So here is the story:
I've been looking at guitars for a good while now, including last night.  I was supposed to study for the written test for today but I just kept looking at guitars.  And then I found one craigslist post, from that very day so very new from somebody wanting to sell a Martin with a hard case for pretty cheap.  I was like WOW!  It's a low end Martin, but still!  A MARTIN! So I go and do my research (that's one good thing I've learned from Jeff, always take time to research before you buy anything $100 and up), and the prices, and the reviews, and sounds.... and it was all AMAZING!!!! So I email the gal saying I want to see it.  She says she already has somebody looking at it in the afternoon, but if they don't buy it, she'll let me know.  I said ok, God's will be done on that one.  I think that's a pretty nifty deal and you don't get guitars like that for so low.  So then some time later that day she emails me back and says that if I can see her in Davis between 12 and 2pm, I can be the first one to see it.  Whoa, of course I wanted and of course I could! And so I did.  And so I loved it.  And so I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

He's beautiful.  Very unusual finish, love it though, beautiful woodwork, gorgeous spruce top and mahogany fretboard (ha, studying wood pays off), very small so it's perfect for a small woman, and the sound is quite lovely, rather low, I absolutely love it.  I called Henry and told him all about it, and he's so nice and kind and willing to help me, and have a look at it and teach me few things here and there :)  I'm beyond excited! So now it's the time to really burn my fingertips, and work hard on getting my fingers to obey me without pain and stiffness.  That's a challenge, but anything is possible for those who really want to accomplish something.  But I need to approach it as if I have never played before, I want to do this right.  Been looking at private lessons, oh how much I need a job!!!!!

Speaking of a job, my frantic job searching and all day applying and resume sending (I was sooo tired!!!) paid off.  A company called me today and I have my first proper job interview tomorrow morning in Sacramento :)  How double exciting!  It's an advertising company and I have no clue what they do, really, but they like my resume and they want to see me! :)  We shall see, God's will be done on that one.  :)   

No comments:

Post a Comment