How is it that I always end up on the fast lane? :). Going 75-80 is so natural to me and the car does wonderful; we're flying :). I pushed to get to Indiana and I'm going to do a little shut eye here, at a truck stop. The lights are a bit bothersome, and I'm super squished here but I'm really tired. Crossed from new jersey through the whole Pennsylvania and Ohio in one day. I'd say that pretty ok. Wish I was in michigan already... Somehow I just to want to get there. My last rest stop was about 5 hours ago in Ohio, took me an hour to do all I wanted to do, but it felt like a waste of time. Time in which I could be driving. But you can't go against nature. I was pretty hungry by then, so I feasted on Ruth's avocado, artichokes with garlic sauce , some homemade granola and I needed some hot chocolate for awakeness. I know it's not healthy... Those few days I'll tough it out. But the food was great, so grateful! Wish I had some of the sweet chestnuts we had for breakfast today... Never had them before and their other son Jimmy was teaching me how to eat them. I couldn't believe that all I ever used them for was making animals - mostly horses- with the help of matches :).
Ohio roads were fantastic!!! Smoothest ever. And clean. Pa's part was littered with poor road kill. I think I saw a young bear, it was big, black and furry. Poor things...
I think that by the end of this trip I'll be a master at butt and back exercises. Been inventing loads :). And it's really the very lowest back part that bothers me sometimes as I sit for so long.
So here it is, my first night in the car. Indiana's truck stop, pillow under mu head, wrapped in a blankie (pa and Ohio been soooooo cold!!!! Had heating on all the time!), squished up, but so thankful to God for leading me safely this far!
And here is a pic of the Ohio truck stop:

No comments:
Post a Comment