I lied. The Folsom lake is huuuuge, and there is no way to run around it as it changes into a wide river up north so I can keep on running and running and never get onto the other side. Unless I hit a bridge. But it's so gorgeous there, stunning, dunes, rocks, gnarly trees, horses, runners and bikers with cute butts... ;) You can even go all the way up to the water. I went for a run again yesterday but could only do 4 miles, I could not beat my muscles into obedience.. not yet. Then I walked for another 4 miles. Or climbed rather. And the hills were killing me! And so are my leg muscles today... It's so amazing there, especially at sunset! Maaaan! :) There is one place there that smells like cookies, I don't know what's up with that...
I've been super ancy about finding a job. So I spent another pretty much all day looking, searching applying.. got little discouraged with the staffing agencies, each one I called specializes in staffing for jobs I can't do. Until I finally found one that was willing to talk to me. Had an appointment with them today morning :) We shall see, God will provide. I just pray that soon. Big Mama promised to get me a whole list of staffing agencies! She's so precious, she got me some things, we just gotta meet up together sometimes soon. Bless her heart!!!
The place where I live is most interesting. It's in a middle of a city, I have half a mile to big shopping centers and yet the neighbor next to me keeps three cows in a large pasture (used to keep buffalos I've been told...) and a rooster keeps crowing in a distance from early morning to late afternoon. The outside feels very much like country. There are trees, tables, garden chairs, porch, clothes line, greass, a garden wannabe... lots of squirrels and plenty of singing birds! It's very dusty here too, my car desperately needs a wash. And my pretty gray/pink terrain running sneakers, which I call Mudders will soon have to be renamed to Dusties. ;) But anyway, I absolutely enjoy the warm and sunny afternoons outside, feels so relaxing, like a vacation. Which is exactly what I need, after all this stress!
But somehow I don't have much time for relaxing. I always have plenty to do, somehow... Still gotta do the DMV, switch my plates and driver licence to Cali, finish up dealing with insurance, defer my student loan, look for jobs (ongoing), edit pics (now that's fun!)... and one day fully move in. If I could only get a bookshelf and some underbed storage I'll be a happy camper. I have so many books, plenty of them still in the trunk because there is no room for them here. Today I worked on organizing everything and finding places of all my things. A number of things will simply have to live in bags...
Sooooo, it's been a week in California. I'm pretty much moved in, I'm registered with a staffing agency... good progress. Stagnation and monotonny kills me. Progress and happenings keeps me alive. God is good!
It just hit me. Today would have been two years anniversary. I gave my all, couldn't give anything more, couldn't push any longer... Choices and Consequences.
No comments:
Post a Comment