I think I've had enough adventures for now, let me just get to cali asap :). And safely!!!!! I'm not gonna top Jimmy's 3 day drive, I'm actually half way there, so I'm counting it a 4 day trip :)
I'm very tired... Found myself a little quiet rest stop, and I'm hoping for a better night than last. I left Illinois, went past all of Iowa and I'm nearing central Nebraska now. Progress is good :).
So there was lots and lots of work areas right before Iowa, and unfortunately I had a car accident in one of such places. I wasn't speeding, went with everyone else, but suddenly they all came to a stop and even though I hit the breaks, I didn't have enough time to break completely and hit the car in front of me. It was a horrible experience! The mind is such an amazing thing, it works faster than seconds!!! In split seconds all I could think was break! Break!!!! And then, next split second I heard my tires screeching, saw smoke and right then in my mind I accepted the fact that I'm going to hit a car. I just saw it happen! And it did. Lots of noise, and the smell of burnt rubber, which I can still smell. Everything in my car went forward, everything shifted, things started falling, bags fell forward, all my fruits went to the ground... I think something hit my head... I lost my phone, and I didn't know what was going on for some time... It felt like I hit the car with a huge force, especially considering how heavily loaded my car is. I was expecting my front really bad, at least half front squished in... But I came out and was shocked! At first glance there was no damage visible. So it turned out that the other car's bumper got cracked in just one place, one crack. Will still need to be replaced though.. :(. My car's pretty face got mangled up too, a lot worse than the other car, but considering the force, it's not that bad. Many broken pieces chipped off, cracks and dents but that's it. There was an accident right on the other side so the officer with a funny ranger hat came right over. :). My first car accident and first ticket in 13 years... Ever since I started driving. Guess there is first time for everything :)!
Of course I was ticked off about it, dunno why God allowed it to happen, if it's a lesson I need to learn then I'd like to know what is it, cuz I don't really know... But I'm praising God that He sent angels to watch over me and nobody got hurt and the damage is just bumpers (so I hope!!!).
So I had my adventure, which I would have gladly forgo. But the rest of the day was rather dull scenery wise. Iowa is almost entirely flat state with cornfields left and right. Nothing else, if you don't count advertisements for cowboy boots and notices of how much I'll pay if I hit a street worker. Iowa police is smart too... Their cars are tan, and blend very well with the environment. See, the only colors here are brown and orangy tan. Even if there are some green areas, they have golden tint to them... All seems burnt here. And sooo flat!! The only thing that's amazing are the sunsets!!!! The clouds and colors kept changing every 5 minutes, thus painting incredible pictures over and over. Truly amazing sights! As to the cornfields, I don't know but driving around them kept making my eyes super tired and watery. I thought I was tired, went to rest but couldn't sleep cuz I wasn't tired. It was the corn. It felt like there were things in the air, bits or particles of some weird dust... Probably Monsanto's Roundup floating in the air, poisoning everything around.. And I know cuz when I passed the corn some time later and the fields were all grass my eyes cleared up and weren't tired and hurting anymore.
Passing Omaha was most amazing! Gorgeous sunset mingled with all the city lights, with street lights positioned really high it looked like thousand little pearls on a dark purple and orange background. Most incredible sight!!!! :) there is a pic of passing Omaha below..
So the second day is winding up, I'm all tucked in. I wonder what will I see tomorrow. Praying for safety foremost!!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment