Friday, October 12, 2012

Oct 12

The insurance people keep bothering me so early in the morning! And by the time I get around to call them back they're already closed! Darn time change! :):):) In fact, I really enjoy it. The days seem so much longer here.. I think it's fabulous :)

God's blessing me from the start!!!! He's so good to me!!! This morning I decided to sleep in but really couldn't. Got up and before having breakfast - which I couldn't have anyway, in all this dirt?? - I started a house clean up project, whether Dick liked it or not. Kitchen (which was the worst!), dining room, living room, hallway, the floor, fridge, the whole works. So I'm half way into the living room and he comes in, with eyes bulging out in surprise ). He offered to get me some cleaners, so I sent him out to get paper towels. Lol, and he went! Hahaha! But came back with two. I mean, come on dude! It took me over 3 hours to get it done but maaaan, the place is so much brighter! I saw Dick walking and looking around with a wild smile on his face. He said he never seen this place so clean. :). And I didn't even touch the blinds or his numerous fake trees, that would take me forever and I have my own trunk to unpack. And I didn't clean the whole fridge, just my area, and I wouldn't touch some of his appliance... I told him that some things I was just too disgusted to touch while pointing at the toaster, and at that very moment two of his toasts popped out of it. Ayayay... :)! But the floor is so lovely to walk on, I actually scrubbed the bottoms of my slippers after cleaning. :). And finally had breakfast. Which was more like lunch :)

So we did finances and I guess Dick was grateful for what I did that he dropped $200 off my deposit!!!! Wow! So nice!!! I mean, I wasn't trying to do any favors, it was just so unlivable...

And I'm still unpacking... And waiting for the Internet guy to call back so I can get into wireless on my laptop. Putting my clothes into my tiny room feels very much like packing the car before leaving... I need to use every nook and cranny available...

Aaaaand, where is that California sun, huh????? It's chilly out today.... :/

No comments:

Post a Comment