Friday, October 19, 2012

Oct 19

I feel so accomplished!!!!!  I got done a lot today!  I got a contact for another staffing agency that wants to talk to me and see me next week :)  That's great! And there are two job fairs I'm going to next week as well.  I made an appointment with Cali DMV to register my car in CA and switch my driver licence to CA.  I also applied for my student loan defferment for next 6 months, because obviously I can't pay the $300 a month right now.  But I'm thinking of going back to school for photography here in CA, maybe online certification.. I actually talked with a rep from the Art Institute about either Portrait Photography program or Studio Photography.  There is campus here in Sac.  But it all depends on me getting a job and getting either a scholarship or a grant.  I can't burden myself financially too much, I already have two student loans I pay off and a credit card to boot! Aside from bills.  We'll see.  But that would be so amazing if I could go back to school for something that I absolutely love!!!!

So anyway, I finally talked to the insurance person that handles my accident claim.  He was not nice at all, and given the fact that I've never been in car accident at all and didn't really know what to do, he should have had more patience with me and should have quit talking insurance language! And when I was asking questions, he got annoyed.  Dude, you don't know a thing about customer service, may know a lot about insurance but working with people requires patience and lots of love for them and actually wanting to help them.  And that's speaking from my own experience as a car insurance CS!  So now I need to have the damage assessed by some place in Sacramento, and on top of it - which I didn't know - I have $500 deductable.   Yeah, right! Ha! And the reason I didn't know is because I used to be on my dad's insurance and dad put all our cars on mum's name and now - GET THIS - they insist on talking to the insurance holder, otherwise I'll be financially responsible for any damage I did to the other car I hit.  And the insurance holder is my mum, who not only can barely speak English, but lives IN POLAND now!  And I told the dude over and over, so he eventually agreed to have my mum e-mail them.  So I called mum, woke them up (time change, 9 hours difference forward!) and spoke with mum.  Oh, this is gonna be fun! :)  But in all reality, I may just get my front fixed up from a junk yard or something, just gotta find a new Yaris bumper in at least somewhat similar color and find people that'd do it for cheaper.  ;)  Which I'm sure I will.  Just not right now. 

My butt muscles still hurt, sometimes really bad.  That's from the final night of sleeping in a car, that really did me in.  It's like my muscles locked or something.  But I'm thinking that since I'm not working right now, it would be an easy thing to do Modern Manna cleanse, at least the basic one.  I may call them up and see if I can pick it up one day. 


So now I'll be off to the Lake!  I've been sitting all day, I'm aching to move.  I think I'll go running :)  And then Sabbath starts, ah, such blessed Sabbath rest!  I'm expecting a call from one friend, but whether he calls or not, well, we'll see.  Always gotta have plan B, right? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment