Monday, October 15, 2012

Oct 15

The California euphoria is slowly wearing off (good!) and reality begins to peak through. Been job searching, researching temp agencies and job fairs. The insurance job is no go because it's a higher end job with metrics. Let me tell you something about metrics: they SUUUUCK!!! And make your job beyond stressful. I know, I've been there for 4 years and it ruined my health significantly. Besides, it's clear that's not where God wants me. But I had to pray for peace and patience double today because it's so easy for me to get stressed out because of lack of employment. Cuz I'd want the job NOW! And God usually makes one wait, at least some. All in His time, He knows I need it, He'll provide and won't leave me lacking.


By now everything looks pretty normal and familiar around. At first all was weirdly little odd, different; the street markings, the lights, the houses... Now I'm happy I drive like I've been here for a while. And I know my area pretty good by now, and have some key stores mapped out in my head. The stores here are pretty much the same (best buy, sports authority, cvs, wallgreens, home depot, Macy's, etc, even michaels and Jo-ann) with few additions. There is Sprouts, something like Fresh Market in Willow Grove, pa, just not so pretty and smaller. There is something called Safeway which is everywhere. It's something like Giant on east coast, only it ranges from tiny roadside mart with a gas station to a huge store with lots in it. Ive been to a number of Cali grocery stores by now but few of them actually carry organic kale and carrots... I was rather surprised.

I've been trying to make my tiny little room a bit more girl friendly and livable. It's rather hard on limited budget, but I'm trying. I feel guilt though about spending money, on food, let alone of a door rack or bed comforter. I wish I could live on air right now... And I had to get two pots and a kettle of my own, plus a knife (so dull though, ugh!), cutting board and plastic drawers... I refuse to use Dicks grimy stuff, I'd rather starve than eat from his pots... And I don't want to mix his meat touching things with purely vegan. I even have my own dish washing sponge. But he finally understood that my Vitamix is for no animal products only. And he wants to try a green smoothie :).

I did quite a search online for a park around here. I'm not to keen on the area where I live. Too congested and no nearby parks to run in! I sooo long for open spaces and wilderness, but I have no rights to complain right now. So finally, I found the most amazing place to run: around the Folsom lake!!! It's about 20 minutes drive from me but it's so worth it!!! Went running toda! Humble 2.5 miles but that's a lot right now for my poor broken body... My hip, or rather butt muscles hurt so much sometimes. I would so love a massage or something. Nancy worked on my back, the right side and it feels loads better. But I'm still so tight everywhere, so broken and in pain sometimes... :( that's why I need to run again. Maybe I can resume training for half marathon (got to 8 miles before the hell broke loose) and eventually run one. We'll see. But the Folsom
Lake seems big on the map, but in reality is much smaller. One day im sure I can run around it full circle. And it's beautiful there, so many romantic spots!!!! Which make me little sad, but whatever, who needs a guy anyway, right? They all turn to any pretty face saying the same sweet things to each one. There, a bit of my frustration for you! I think I hear a poem coming on....

No comments:

Post a Comment